Thread: Short USB Cables?

Short USB Cables?

Hey guys,Im sure about this so i thought i would ask here.Is there any place or has there ever been in production short USB cables?Might be confusing but when i say short im talking around 3-5 inches in length.Reason being i am looking for one to use on my laptop.I have Windows Media Center installed on it and i also have a remote control with sensor which connects via USB.I was planning to use some velcro tape to attach the sensor to the laptop but it would rule out the use of a 4 foot long cable.If anyone has any idea's i'd love to hear any suggestions.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Shortest i've seen for sale are 0.5m. (approx 18" - 20").

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Bronze Member
    Last edited by usergame; November 16th, 2007 at 21:23 PM.
    lynchknot's altered ego

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Fold the cable up nice & neat to the length you want and put a rubber band around it to keep it together.

or

Get a Retractable USB 2.0 cable http://www.thenerds.net/CABLES_UNLIM...1560-2&affid=3

I've seen them at Wal-Mart and they come with a bunch of adapters. Like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812122001
    Last edited by FastGame; November 16th, 2007 at 22:11 PM.

well if your not into making cable, ya could could get 2 gender benders and slap them together, probably be about 2 inches, but i dont see the point.

Thanks fastgame,that looks like something that might be right up my alley.I currently have a few cables and use rubber bands on them but i carry my laptop with me alot and i want to try and save as much space as i can so i can keep everything connected in my carrying case.The retractable cable looks perfect and not to bulky so i might grab a few of those.and the adapters is a very nice touch too eliminating alot of cables i carry for devices like my digital camera.

@usergame i might give that making your own cable a try as well just for some fun.Thanks for the replies to all

Linux Mint Debian Edition

Linux Mint Debian Edition

Bronze Member
    I think a coiled cable would be cool - in case you may need a little more length.
    lynchknot's altered ego