Thread: Should I BUFFALO?

Bronze Member
    Last edited by usergame; November 17th, 2007 at 00:04 AM.
    lynchknot's altered ego

I would have to say the 1st one, its 802.11n draft 2.0, any router that has this would be a better choice then without. So you might want to compare the reviews on 802.11n draft 2.0 routers. 2nd one is just 802.11n, and 3rd and 4th just dont have it. Just make sure you get some 802.11n wireless cards as well. Take advantage of the speed.

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thraxed View Post
    I would have to say the 1st one, its 802.11n draft 2.0, any router that has this would be a better choice then without. So you might want to compare the reviews on 802.11n draft 2.0 routers. 2nd one is just 802.11n, and 3rd and 4th just dont have it. Just make sure you get some 802.11n wireless cards as well. Take advantage of the speed.
    I would only use the wireless in the summer because this room has windows that face west and it gets hot - so I can move my computer to an east facing room. My USB card isn't the best: http://www.trendnet.com/products/TEW-429UB.htm

But it was only $10 with rebate at 54Mbps.

I might as well future guard my network. what do you think of these? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=Up+to+300Mbps
    Last edited by usergame; November 17th, 2007 at 02:58 AM.
    lynchknot's altered ego

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I see absolutely no reason to pay those prices just to get the "n" specification. Wireless G is just fine and like you said You would only be using it part time. The benefits do not outweigh the cost IMHO.

Bronze Member
    Now they've got 803

I hate going shopping with me. I will stand there comparing labels for hours. I still can't pick one, will you?

I keep hearing, "rich man buys once, poor man buys twice" and "you get what you pay for" and I find myself needing another router already. Something around the middle of the road may suit me I guess - as long as I can make payments (CC)

Ok here we go! 4 star rating by 13 peeps, 802.11n (Draft N)and cheaper: $39.99* after rebate http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=D700-2312

Crap, it rates only 3/5-15 at newegg and it's $54.99 after rebate

I'm stuck
    Last edited by usergame; November 18th, 2007 at 02:14 AM.
    lynchknot's altered ego

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    TrendNet are trash. I actually worked in the company that provided support for them
    Buffalo is very known in Japan, but little in US.
    If I had to pick a preN router I would go with the NEtgear RangeMax. It provided solid performance for me, even when not using the netgear card. It works a lot better with the card (higher transfer rate and distance)

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    I wouldn't rush to get the N specification. If you can get a G router for a better price, I'd go that route.

Yes, N has some nice speeds, but from all the articles I've read on it, its very 'line of site' based. Meaning you move something in the middle (i.e. a wall) and the speed drops. If you're moving rooms when it gets hot, this might be something to consider.