Thread: The Man From Earth

Bronze Member

The Man From Earth

It looks like we've all got permission to download and watch this movie. *edit - I have personally had an email conversation with the producer.

Website with donation button. I donated:

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Eric D. Wilkinson and I am the producer of a small independent film called “Jerome Bixby’s The Man From Earth”.

I am sending you this email after realizing that our website has had nearly 23,000 hits in the last 12 days, much of it coming from your website. In addition, our trailer, both on the site and other sites like YouTube, MySpace and AOL has been watched nearly 20,000 times AND what’s most impressive is our ranking on IMDb went from being the 11,235th most popular movie, to the 5th most popular movie in 2 weeks (we are also the #1 independent film on IMDb & the #1 science fiction film on IMDb). How did this all happen? Two words: Torrent / File Sharing sites (well, four words and a slash).

Am I upset… surprisingly no. Thanks to everyone who has downloaded this torrrent and watched the film, our awareness level is /SNIP\

Download: - buy it if you like it when it is available in DVD. This is a screener.

The IMDB website: The Man From Earth:

Synopsis (warning, contains spoilers):

Plot summary:

An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues he is an immortal who has walked the earth for 14,000 years. Acclaimed Sci-Fi writer Jerome Bixby conceived this story back in the early 1960's. It would come to be his last great work, finally completing it on his deathbed in April of 1998
    My review: 9/10 - This movie captures the audience by dialog alone. It had me at the edge of my seat concentrating on what was being said.

It is shot at one location - mostly in a room where this group of scientists/professors/doctors have a discussion.
    lynchknot's altered ego

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Watching Your every move...
    This sounds very cool.

Sounds good, but comcast will still consider it piracy if i download it off of pirate bay

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thraxed View Post
    Sounds good, but comcast will still consider it piracy if i download it off of pirate bay
    I have comcast. Comcast only cares when the MPAA requests them to send letters out. This isn't MPAA. This is an independent film maker saying he'll probably put up his next film online himself!

Quote Originally Posted by producer
    Because of digital downloading, many people inside and outside of the United States had already acquired the film, but many of those people have written to say that they want to support independent filmmaking -- and this movie in particular -- and so they are buying the DVD anyway. I would also like to thank them, very much, for this action. Another option for people outside the US is explained in a posting at our MySpace page.

Quote Originally Posted by response
    Well, what can I say... you made a great film and that's all the downloaders have been saying all along "You make something worth paying for, we will."

Thank you for the great film.

I would like to see a full featured film about the story of John's life from cave man to present. That would be great!
    Last edited by usergame; November 27th, 2007 at 00:21 AM.
    lynchknot's altered ego