Thread: Playstation 3

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Question Playstation 3

How many PS3 peeps onboard? What games do you play/recommend? What do you think of the system....outside of the price of course...lol. Just bought one so I am looking for some feedback....

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Save your cash for a new PC COD4, Crysis, TimeShift etc.. .look amazing on a QuadCore, Dual 8800 Ultras!!

Unless you like playing Tekken

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    Save your cash for a new PC COD4, Crysis, TimeShift etc.. .look amazing on a QuadCore, Dual 8800 Ultras!!

Unless you like playing Tekken
    lmao.....already played those, except for TimeShift and on a dual core and it was still kick butt, and crysis was awesome!! better than COD_4 imho...but sad as it may be, I am tired of chasing parts for the puter...and the selection of games for the pc seems to be shrinking. The reason I chose the PS3 was actually two fold...one for the games will work when I put them in...lol....and the other being the blu-ray...I looked at the stand alone players and they are damn pricey so PS3 is the direction I went....that combined with the imac that has been waiting in limbo just to the right of the PC.....

Hehe, good to hear Piper!

It's true that PS3 seems the best value for money for Blu-ray at the moment, hopefully that helps the tide turn in the HD format wars!! We just need XBOX360 to have a USB Blu_Ray drive

PS3 can be your entertainment device, with the latest 2.01 firmware patch, you get DivX support!! Now you can watch the latest movies too Plus, there are some fantastic PS3 games... have fun

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

I just got an Xbox 360 and i have to say it plays pretty good for the one game i have. I picked up Mass effect with it. I have to say the game is pretty good. The only thing i dont like about it is the fail attempt to have na interactive story line but the rest of the game is cool.

Nice buy Linedawg - I wont start the Xbox Vs PS3 debate, i think we are all PC fanbois anyway

On a side note, now that u do have the X360 and to go inline with your programming schooling/work - you should check out XNA Studio 2.0, and get into some game programming... I'm trying to get into a team to code for the 'dream, build, play' competitions next year. Good luck

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Just picked up timeshift for PS3....game looks great on a 42" plasma...also currently playing "Resistance" Fall of Man...good game!!...keep you peeps posted on future games......

Piper, TimeShift is an amazing game! It's brand new like COD_4, and Crysis, but just didn't get as much marketing... The 3D graphics while in slow-motion are awesome... you actually see the droplets of rain!!

You neeed to try Assassin's Creed, and the new game "Blaze" (should be released soon i think)... Post a small home-vid of you playing on the 42"

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Piper, TimeShift is an amazing game! It's brand new like COD_4, and Crysis, but just didn't get as much marketing... The 3D graphics while in slow-motion are awesome... you actually see the droplets of rain!!

You neeed to try Assassin's Creed, and the new game "Blaze" (should be released soon i think)... Post a small home-vid of you playing on the 42"
    I only played TimeShift for a few minutes just to take a look see but ur right about the slow motion.....The wireless controller for PS3 controls motion in some games. Warhawk is cool while your flying using this technology...woohoo. Blaze comes out next week on the eight I believe. Will get some shots during game play soon. I fear my puter gaming days have reached the end....lol....this thing is awesome.... I never thought I would say that about a gaming deck...
    Last edited by PIPER; January 2nd, 2008 at 08:48 AM.

Haha, good to hear you are liking the PS3 Piper! Don't give up on the PC gaming machine just yet, New Quad-Core plus SLI Geforce 9X will do wonders

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Haha, good to hear you are liking the PS3 Piper! Don't give up on the PC gaming machine just yet, New Quad-Core plus SLI Geforce 9X will do wonders
    yeah I know....but I will wait for prices to drop a bit before I build a new system. This one still runs great and fast even with Vista installed.