Thread: Realtek Audio problems

Realtek Audio problems

I recently got a new computer, its a NEC Versa P570.
    Its supposed to come with vista but i had it downgraded to windows XP.
    I accidentally installed the vista drivers and then installed XP drivers over them. everything works fine exept that i cannot use my sound, my brother has the same computer and he can see the audio manager icon in the taskbar, i cannot even see that.

Every time i try to start my computer up i also get Windows Hardware Manager, or whatever it is, saying that it has deteced new hardware and it starts installing MEDIA but cannot find the file and i dont have the disk.

I am completely lost as to what to do for my and my brothers computer because i cannot even see the audio manager and he cannot actually get sound to come out of his speakers!

if anyone can help i would really like to hear what you have to say

EDIT: by the way i have installed the latest drivers that i can find but if anyone knows where the latest can be found

My specs for sound are:

Sound Chip: Realtek
    Channel: 7.1 + 2channel High Definition Audio Codec
    Integrated Speakers: Internal speakers (1W x 2)
    MIC: Internal Microphone
    Last edited by hazar3000; December 19th, 2007 at 10:24 AM.
    Computers will never take the place of books. You can't stand on a floppy disk to reach a high shelf.
    -- Sam Ewing

It appears that your audio driver was corrupted. Your motherboard driver disk should contain the audio driver. If you do not have the disk go here and choose the appropriate driver (I suggest the first one) from this location and download it to your HD. From there you can install it.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Uninstall and reboot.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

no, still not working

although i have found that the sound works just fine with linux installed on my computer...
    dont know what that could possibly mean but hopefully it helps
    Computers will never take the place of books. You can't stand on a floppy disk to reach a high shelf.
    -- Sam Ewing

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    you might have to boot up with the xp cd and del/reinstall xp. seems like you have a bunch of issues might be easier to just start fresh and not from a downgraded xp.

ok ill try that, hopefully it will work but im not sure because my brother has the same problem w/ audio & he accidentally used the other disk
    -- Sam Ewing