Thread: Laptop in the box and on its way BACK!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Laptop in the box and on its way BACK!!!

Well, I have to say, I've never seen anything like it.

My new laptop with Vista business installed crashed so many times I can't remember. All within just one day. After the fiasco with the T-Mobile Sony Ericsson data card, it was one thing after another.

When we thought we finally had it right, we installed Kodak Easy Share Software (version downloaded from the web FOR Vista) and then we got an Psapi.dll (I think I have it spelled right) error and it was then completely hosed!

Nothing worked, it would not let me search to rename anything to fix it......

That was it, after only three days of having it, we put it back in the box and sent it back. I only ordered this particular Acer laptop simply because it said it could be downgraded to XP. When we tried, the ATI Radeon in it would not work and had no driver available for XP.

What hell......not going to do that again. I'm sure this is an old topic, specially here with the many guru's who help me when I need it....but Microsoft really screwed up.

I'm staying with XP and as we speak I am writing on my old Northgate that starts and runs EVERYTIME with XP!

Sharon

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Sorry to hear Sharon, it sounded like something was definitely wrong - by sending it back do you get a refund, or will they just patch it and send it back

I hope you get a more compatible laptop, XP is rock solid! Good luck with it all

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Hello and Happy New Year!

Nope, no patchin for this girl......I want my refund!

I did order another Acer WITH XP on it! It's actually nicer than the one I had first, but then again I was being cheap.

So, with the refund, comes the D/P on the new one......and exchange if you will.

I will be happy with XP, and yes it is rock solid over here!

I just don't understand how an operating system can go from XP, stable and working to seemingly starting from "scratch" and coming out with this horrible Vista.

But then again.......I remember Windows ME

Sharon