Thread: Icon Text

Question Icon Text

Hi all, I am curious as to how the box around the icon text can be removed.

All accounts on my system have this box around the text except the 'Guest' account.

I have searched for the setting for this yet have had no joy.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Titanium Member
    er..........what icons? show a screenshot. Do you mean all the icons on your desktop? If that is what you mean, do this:
    Right click on My Computer and choose properties > advanced tab > performance settings > Visual effects tab > scroll down to the second from the bottom > check the box that says "use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop. This will leave only the text on your desktop.

Titanium Member
    Well, that's just great. A year later, "use drop shadows for icon labels" does not work anymore. Does anyone have a solution? I have that damn box drawn around the text and nothing seems to work. I tried some solutions like active desktop, change wallpaper, change theme, etc -

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    That's the correct way for me Lynch,check the box and only text,uncheck and the box is around the text again.Reformat HD? Just J/King.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.