Thread: Need to find a MPEG-4 Joiner

Need to find a MPEG-4 Joiner

Hello everyone, Iím looking for a program that can join two or more MPEG-4 (movie files) together. What Iím trying to do is RIP some home movies off of are camcorder that uses mini DVDís (Size 1.4 gig) and put them on a larger DVD (4.5 gig or even 8.5 DL) But when I convert the files from VOB to MPEG-4 it splits the video at 1,048,574KB. That is find but when I convert it too MPEG-4 I have the single video split into two separate video files, it there a program I can get that I can join them together?

I have found tons of Video joiners for most formats but not MPEG-4 Files. Now when I convert one of these file here is how it is laid out. File name: Baby.mp4 Type: MPEG-4 Movie. So if anyone knows of a program that can join these files please let me know.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    What program are you using to convert the vob to mpeg4?

There is usually a setting in most coversion programs that allows you to either rip one complete file or split it.

Look for a "split file" or similar option in the settings and uncheck it.

Alternatively here's a couple of mpeg4 joiners:

http://www.321slideshow.com/mpeg4-joiner.htm

http://www.dvd-tool.com/mp4-joiner.html

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Thanks for the links Rev, the only problem was the trial version would only let me do 1 - 5 minutes of video to test it with where I have over 1 - 2 gigs worth of video. But I did find a program that would allow me to Rip my home movies from my DVD camcorder and keep it into a single file. The program is use is DVD Decrypter, now I just need to see if I can find a application to shrink its total size so I can fit hours of videos onto a DL DVD. Then an Application to make custom DVD menus. For the menu part I have been looking at a program called Movie edit Pro 12. But not sure if it is what I'm look for as of yet still researching it.

might want to give DVD shrink a try