Thread: Problem with my Asus Maximus Extreme

Problem with my Asus Maximus Extreme

Hello to all,
    have a Asus maximus extreme MoBo with intel core 2 quad 2.66 ghz cpu, Ati Visiontec Radeon HD 3850 512 mb video card and 4 ocz 1024 pc10600 DDR3 1333mhz of RAM (4 Gigs) and Os windows vista 64 bit ultimate ..

The problem is when I turn on the pc nothing happens..I mean it powers up but that's it no post.. but when i press the reset cmos button on the back of the pc she boots up to the clear comos screen where it say F1 to bios and F2 to continue..

By pressing continue she logs on to vista with no problem , and when I go to the bios and change the default settings (save and exit bios) it just shuts down and nothing happens again I have to press the reset cmos button again to boot ..

When I'm in Vista and tell the pc to restart she restarts with no problem..but when I do the shutdown procedure and turn her back on nothing happens.. have to reset cmos button again..
    Please help.

Make sure that your P4 connector is hooked up on your mother board. I have seen that problem on several mother boards in the past. It should be a thick 4 pin power connector that plugs into the mother board.

Thanks will try.

Checked and it was connected properly..I'll fill everone in when I find a fix.

So your computer a she heh?

Those Radeon cards can be picky with PSU, from what I've read they like substained 12v rail on some two pin slots, or they go haywire. My card wouldn't function correctly until i played with the timings on my memory.

Try looking on visiontech forums, they would know best.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Oh, its a cold boot error - I've read some threads that some Vista PCs had this issue... Try getting all windows updates (if you can boot up at some stage)... but I agree with the previous posts, that you should definitely be looking at your PSU.. with such Hi-powered parts, you'll need something like 650/750 Watt PSU or even uptowards 1000W !!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Thanks again guys..Did some configure with the voltage..and I do think I need to upgrade the PSU. I got a 680 watt psu at the moment.