Thread: Shrinking dvds

Bronze Member

Shrinking dvds

I am having problems shrinking dvds with DVD shrink. Can anyone suggest another shrinking programme please?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    It might help if you post what problem you're having with shrink, unless you would rather pay for a program like Nero, DVDfab, CloneDVD.

Your problem might not be DVDshrink.......

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame View Post
    It might help if you post what problem you're having with shrink, unless you would rather pay for a program like Nero, DVDfab, CloneDVD.

Your problem might not be DVDshrink.......
    Sorry FastGame... to hungover to think straight. It's saying cyclical error for the disk, but it's a brand new original disk. In fact it's a whole set of brand new original disks and it says the same thing for all of them.

Thanks.

Sounds to me like your burner heading south for the winter and never returning. Try different media first, just to make sure. See if it happens with just 4g data burn.

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thraxed View Post
    Sounds to me like your burner heading south for the winter and never returning. Try different media first, just to make sure. See if it happens with just 4g data burn.
    My burner is just a few month's old. I don't think it's the burner or my hardware because the whole set of disks didn't work but others do.

What do you mean by 'different media'? Thanks.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LouBee View Post
    My burner is just a few month's old. I don't think it's the burner or my hardware because the whole set of disks didn't work but others do.

What do you mean by 'different media'? Thanks.
    Different brand of DVD writable disk.

Hello LouBee

This doesn't sound like a DVD Shrink problem, more like copy protection or media depending on what you are doing.

List the things you use with DVD Shrink.

BTW, doesn't matter how old/new the burner is, they are cheaply made and can go out at any time.....ask Conan

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Make sure you get the right type of media.. if you drive only burns DVD-R dont get DVD+R !

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Bronze Member
    Hmm, it might actually be the disks themselves, as when I played them on a proper dvd player as opposed to the PC, they got a bit sticky.

ARGH!

Thanks for your help though guys and gals.

had this problem when attempting to duplicate an original copy of Saw2 Unrated edition for backup.In my case it had something to do with the navagational menu's on the original disc.so far still havent found a way around that.

Saw2 is pretty generic and there shouldn't be any problem backing up. Saw3 was much harder with its bogus title sets, bad sectors and structural copy protection.

The new versions of AnyDVD and DVDFab HD Decrypter make mince meat of those

I've had the same 'Cyclic' error with DVD Shrink, and I've sometimes put it right by giving the DVD a good wash in warm soapy water. Other times I've put it down to the 'encryption' preventing the 'copy'....so I'm not certain what the cause is. I'll watch this page with interest.......Bowman