Thread: This is frikkin' WEIRD!!!! Pics go POOF!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is frikkin' WEIRD!!!! Pics go POOF!

Okay, I googled this but can't find anyone who has had this problem.....

My friend called frantically telling me all of his pictures simply disappeared!

Even his desktop photo!

Had him do a jpg search.....came up with only 4 pics.....windows wallpaper.

Restored him back a month or so.......nothing!

Used GoBack..........nothing (had this installed because he really shouldn't own a computer! Grrrr!)

I am now using RecoverMyFiles on this one........it will take a while.

Has anyone experienced this before and what the hell causes your pics to just go POOF???? He "claims" he did nothing to delete anything. He uploaded stuff to yahoo mail, pics of South Carolina, to a friend. Went back to send more and POOF - Gone!

Thanks for your sage advice and thoughts as always my extremely knowledgeable gurus!

Humbly,
    Sharon

Backup......, backup......, backup next time. My photos are backed up on CD's, a flash drive, and an external drive. They are important to me so I want to make sure there is a copy if my computer goes belly-up.

For your situation, the first thing I would try is to right click on the folder the photos are missing from and remove check from "read only" and "hidden" boxes. Then refresh and cross your fingers.

Another thing would be to download and run an undelete program. http://www.majorgeeks.com/Undelete_Plus_d5301.html
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Unfortunatly, Undelete is not vista compatable.

Thanks for your replies.......Yep, gonna beat them over the head now to back up! We found almost 2000 photos from using RecoverMyFiles software. Some of them had been written over, so they may get most of them back, but some of them are permanently gone.

Great program by the way......just not sure how it happened. I think someone did something they are not admitting to!

On Vista being undelete compatible..........my entire house and any machine in it is NOT vista compatible.....LOL XP Rocks......even after July dammit!

Sharon