Thread: Good printer ?

Bronze Member

Good printer ?

Looking to get a printer, was wondering if I could get some feedback/reviews....

This is strictly for home use, so I don't need a lot of bells/whistles, just a good reliable printer.

Things I'm looking for , strong reliabliilty ie. not breaking down, jamming whatever, not fussy with paper.... cheap cartridge replacement, and overall price...

Just trying to sort out some of this before I start looking at the many many model at the local Best buy/Circuit city

Thanks

Color or monochrome? If you don't need color a monochrome laser is the way to go. I have owned three over the years. All worked well. My current printer is a Samsung ML-2510. It pumps out 25 ppm for about $120. I purchase bulk toner which costs $21 for two cartridge refills. The refill takes about 2 minutes with no mess. That translates to very cheap print copies. I have located tech manuals for most of my electronic equipment. A hundred page manual only takes 4 minutes to print.

I have the printer networked for use with any computer on my lan using a print server. I had the print server on hand so it made sense to save a few bucks with the ML-2510. Anyone needing to network their printer should look at the ML-2571N. It cost about $30 more and is well worth the extra, unless you also have a print server on hand.

I have been using this printer for nearly a year. It is turned on 24/7. Outstanding performance.

If you need color, an inkjet is probably the best solution. I defer to others with inkjet suggestions.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Canon is the best all around ink-jet.

Bronze Member
    Forgot to mention that, yes Black/white is good, don't need color.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/p...C8970A%2523B1H

This is the next printer that I am getting. It comes with
    35 ML of ink in 2 cartridges for $100. I have had a Lexmark that came with 1.8 ML of ink in 2 cartridges at $30. You get more ink per dollar with the HP.