Thread: Blue ray issues

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Blue ray issues

hiya everyone =) just got myself a blue ray/HD player for my comp, and im wondering if my system justisnt powerfull enough to play movies and 3d games at same time? heres the specs,

1, evga 680i ultra mobo
    2,intel Q6600 3.0 ghz quadcore
    3,2 gigs xtc sli mem
    4, 8800gt 640 mb nvidia
    5, pc powercooling 1000wat psu

basicly im trying to watch movies on my HD monitor on the side while i beta test games, and regular games like wow, cod 4, fear, dod source, and it seems to always crash within 4-5 seconds of both running, im considering the 9800 gtxX2 video if this 640 mb card cant handle it, any ideas?

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I don't know the answer but the Intel Q6600 is 2.4 Ghz not 3.0.

hehe aye but i Oced it when i got my mobo, to unlock it, and raised the fsb and timings,

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I would think that your system should be powerful enough... probably down to quality of the video card & drivers - are u on XP or Vista? Also, you might be able to tweak the CPU settings i.e. Affinity, set cpu 1-2 for Games, and 2-4 for Blu-HD.

What mobo did u use to unlock the FSB on the q6600? (i've got that chip and just cant do anything with my p35-ds3)?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Your rig definately has the capability to run it. I have an intel duo 2.5 ghz mobile cpu and geforce 8400 grfx card, and it will play blueray fine. I had problems with PowerDVD first version of blueray player, new version works alright. Sony laptop come with a WinDVD version, and that works great, better then PowerDVD. There a new version of WinDVD you can get that will play Blueray as well.

As far as your games crashing thats more driver/software more likely to cause those kind of problems, try a clean install of windows and latest drivers..

i have evga i680 board cost about 280 when i bought mine, it lets em load the fsb up to 1450 9x multy the ram is stuck at 800 mhz,