Thread: How much of reality shows are fake?

How much of reality shows are fake?

Thanks in advance.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    All of them.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

I mean 1/2 the time or all the time?

Thanks for replying

In regards to laguna beach it was half the time. They video taped like every 2 weeks and they sometimes missed big scenes such as fights and break-ups. When that happened they were made to re-inact the events on camera the next day. So sometimes they were made to see each other even though they just had a fight or broken up.

The real world is a little different. They are taped at all times but they are forced to do certain things such as going to a bar every friday. Also many fights are instagated by the staff of the real world. Say like person (A) says something about person (B), the real world staff will tell person (B) what person (A) said. They also have a job that is mandatory. Although there is no script its still a little fake because of the schedule they are forced to follow.

Then there are other shows that are 100% fake and scripted. One that is obvious is this MTV show where the parents dont like the boyfriend or girlfriend that there son or daughter is dating. So the parents are set up to pick 2 other people for there son or daughter to date. And at the end the son or daughter has to pick one of the 2 people or keep the current boyfriend-girlfriend. I have seen a few of these and it is just ridiculous.

Thanks for replying.

How did you find this out?

How about 'Rock Of Love', 'Tila Tequila Shot at Love', 'That's Amore', 'Workout' and
    'The Janice Dickenson Modeling Agency'?

Thanks in advance.

Laguna beach and the Real World were done as specials on Vh1(Secrets of Reality TV 1-2). Kinda like behind the scenes. The last one was a guess. I have seen a little bit of Rock of Love and Tila Tequila but not enough to really know. Also as i said i saw specials like behind the scenes for Laguna and Real World and thats how i know. Hard to say how real these shows are. I can tell you about a show thats like those called Joe Millionaire on Fox. One of the stunts they pulled at the end of the show was makeing them seem like Joe Millonaire and the girl he picked were making out. You hear all these slurps and kissing noises but all you see is scenery, kinda like they were out in the woods making out. It was later found out in the Vh1 special that it never happend and those noises were from her eating something. Also she was not the pick of Joe Millionaire, he wanted the other girl but Fox pushed him to pick her. So yeah, hate to break it to ya but there all fake in one way or another.

Thanks for replying

If I looked it up on google, what key words should I use?

Thanks in advance.

secrets of reality revealed
    secrets of reality revealed 2

I imagine thats what you want. Your not gonna find this videos anywhere. It was shown in 2004 and hasnt really been shown since. Even if you try to see it on Vh1, the video doesnt load.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_new.../episode.jhtml
    http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_new.../episode.jhtml

Thank you Ragnarok.