Thread: Power adapters for my Dell Laptop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Power adapters for my Dell Laptop

I bought a Vostro 1000 recently and since I'm in the UK, it came with a UK-style 240V adapter.
    I'm taking a trip to the US so I nee a way to run it off 110V... but I'm confused by Dell's website. I can't tell from the descriptions which products are suitable for what. Ideally I'd like to be able to use my laptop in the UK, US and in a car/plane but I don't want to carry a big bag of cables around! How do the adapters work - mine at the moment is in 2 parts, the lead which plugs into the mains and a big lump with the adapter. I've no idea if the adapter is compatible with other voltages if I had a lead...

Anyone got any tips?

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Look at the label on the adapter. (black box). It should say something like "Input: 110-240v ~ 50-60hz".

If it does, all you need is a UK to US America Travel Adapter like the one here.

There is a similar forum thread on the Dell website although not specifiacally for your model.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

On a related note, Dell have a wonderful adapter in the US: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...&mfgpid=192401
    It can run off mains or battery, so I can use it on the plane as well as the office. BUT I'm in the UK and they don't list it on the Dell UK site. And I can't tell what similar item might exist I can use, because nothing lists Vostro as a compatibility... probably because it is a new range.

Any help? I don't want to have to order one from the US...

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar
    http://www.parts-people.com/ Is a site that ONLY has parts and expertise for DELL NOTEBOOK/LAPTOP computers. Nothing else.

They did a great job on two of my machines and a great price and even made a couple of fixes that I was told by others were impossible and I would have to buy a new mother board.

Give them a look. It will be more than worth your time.