Thread: Can not log on to Outlook Express

Can not log on to Outlook Express

All of a sudden I can not log on to Outlook Express 6. I am running Win XP. I did a System Restore. I shut my Firewall off. Still everytime I click the OE icon I get the following message
    "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Bob's', Server: 'smtp-server.ec.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
    I have another computer with a different Email address and am able to log on fine.
    Please help if you can.
    Thanks
    Kelbrit

I think I found problem. If I try to "send" an email. The program will not send the email and causes Outlook Express not to connect with the internet and as long as I have that message in the Outbox the program will not connect.

Does anyone know how that problem can be solved?

Thanks

Can Not Log On To Outlook Express

I have narrowed my problem down further. I have 4 different email addresses on that Outlook Express. I can send emails form all of them but one.
    I checked and they all have the same smtp address. Anyone have any idea why that one can not send email?
    Should I retype the smtp in?
    Thanks

I could not send an email to three days. Now it works fine. Came back the next day and gave it a try everything works like it's susposed to.

Oh well..........

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    It was probably issues with the mail server that resolved itself.