Thread: Computer case

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Question Computer case

I am trying to buy a part per month for my new PC. Newegg has a good promotion on thermatake cases where there is no shipping charges and there is a rebate. I am kind of torn between 2 of them, so I would like some opinions from fellow TZ
    Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
    99 after 20 rebate.
    I like the price, alluminium, and the finishing looks pretty good. I like how it opens in the front, making it easier to swap CD-ROMS and bays

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Case w/ 25CM Fan - Retail
    129 after 40 rebate
    I like in this one, the 250mm side fan. I am seriously thinking into doing SLI with a nvidia 780i motherboard and 2 8800GT (I still have to buy the mobo and the extra 8800GT), and it is a full ATX case.
    I will probably put about 6 250 GB HDD sata drives (2 in RAID 1 for OS, and 4 in RAID 10 for data storage). I already have the Promise SATA RAID card, and 4 drives working on RAID 10 on my current temp machine.
    That plus the 2 video cards, I think I can use the full tower better.
    Still I am quite inclined to the features in the other case, and the price is 30 less, but it requires 50 less investment (because of the mail in rebate).
    Right now my old PC has a Chieftek alluminium case. I like the aluminium because it keeps the PC cooler.
    If you guys have another recommendation I welcome it with wide open arms

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    hey dehc I have the tsunami case now(mines the silver one) and love it. very light, everything is tool-less and having the 120mm intake/exhaust fans keep the noise down a bit. but since the case is all aluminum it does tend to be kinda louder than most. I also like the covered USB/firewire/audio connections on top.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Antec 900 here.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

well. it might seem I might have to delay 2 weeks the case purchase. On Friday I hit the sidewalk (I had a huge hangover) and I messed up really bad a rim. The Rims are really difficult to find (Mille Miglia Emotion SSL)
    There was a huge savings on the Tsunami, but...I will be hard pressed on money

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Oh Dehc, you should know better than to Drink & Drive! Dang, those rims are awesome - I'd rather spend the cash on my car than on another case - I like the wooden-box case idea

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

well, it was more like, driving, drinking, sleeping (3 or 4 hours), driving...bang
    Most likely I was legally sober, but I am quite bad with cheap beer. 1 or 2 cans can give me a huge hangover where my head is almost literally splitting in 2, so most likely I did not care how I was driving, I just wanted to get to a couch to sleep 1 or 2 hours more before work (which finally I never went to work).
    I am getting old and my alcohold resistance is near 0

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    if you are going to dance....u must pay the piper......oops did I say that...