Thread: Data Interface - Other Devices??? - Vista

Angry Data Interface - Other Devices??? - Vista

Hello!

We have yet another laptop that was screwed up to be damned by mom installing some crazy program (NOT vista compatible) to keep the "kiddies from lookin' at the girly pictures".....LOL

Anywho, in the device manager (This IS Vista!) we have expanded OTHER DEVICES and underneath is 2 items called Data Interface. We have no clue what this is, nor will Vista find the drivers for whatever it is.

I've done a bit of research but have had little luck finding out what they are let alone how to get them installed.

Any ideas?

I forgot to add

This laptop is a Dell 1720 and we've been to the site to get updates.......Vista itself searches for solutions and drivers but finds none.

Thanks,
    Sharon

I'd probably give dell tech support a call and see what they say, if everything works just ignore it.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    could be the bus and controller for the smart card. the one they use for security instead of the bio-metric finger reader. when you went to dell did you enter the service tag of the laptop to get the drivers. dell.support.com.

Ha???

Apparently, according to the forums, other people have had this problem and Dell told them it was a "motherboard anomaly"

WTF??

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Could be some kind of USB modem or wireless network card.

If they are not needed you can uninstall them via device manager. Right click the 2 entries and select uninstall.

You can get more info on the entries by right clicking and selecting Properties. Then look on the "Details" tab.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    oh now that I read rev's post I think it could be a built in EVDO modem. here try this http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=
    then under the communication tab.