Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeeze, why is Vista soooooo Bad???

Jeeze, why is Vista soooooo Bad???

More and more, in my little one horse town, people are coming by with their laptops or desktops with Vista so hosed up I have NO clue how to fix it.

It seems, in most cases, it dies a slow death......things begin to stop working, one after the other. Then it slows (slower than it usually is without problems) to a crawl, then finally, they can't get online anymore. This is when they call or come by.

Is this typical/common progression of corruption with Vista? It is so completely annoying to most without problems with all the questions....then the problems with "so-called" vista compatible programs.

I won't use it, ever. I have one downgrading (once we receive the cd in the mail) and the old man that came to pick up his machine tonight said this is the second time he's been through this (his wife was angry the first time around as she could not understand the tech guy from Dell, which is why he brought it to me...) and he wanted to know if he could buy XP for it.

Just seems to me to be a rip off because you can't choose, you are forced to have Vista installed in order to get a new laptop or desktop. Then you have to turn around and spend more $$$ to buy an OS you can live with, if your new purchase will take XP.

Maybe I'm chiming in late on this one....but this really sucks!

I think I'm seriously gonna check out a mac!

Any thoughts? What is your experience with Vista? And does SP1 really fix anything???

Sharon

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Sharon I feel your misery. my work laptop has vista but I use it everyday and dont have the energy to wipe it out and reload it on the weekends. I personally cant stand it.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I kinda like Vista. It runs a bit slower than XP but I have no problems using it.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    .....I don't have any issues/problems with vista at all......

Most of my vista problems come from vista compatible programs. They have not got them right yet.

My windows explorer shuts down when I use the image viewer. I turned off windows explorer. It does not malfunction any more.

Vista breaks, just sitting there.

-Have a nice day.
    Last edited by veronica; May 12th, 2008 at 14:40 PM. Reason: typo

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Vista runs great on a mac.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Most of the work I've been getting is wiping Vista off new laptops and re-installing XP. I don't know anyone in my personal life that likes Vista, I gave it a fair try and its junk IMO.

Mac is nice, dual-boot XP & Linux is the best setup for those who game on the PC. Linux with XP running in Virtualbox (seamless mode) is by far the best setup going, for those who don't game.

Quote Originally Posted by petard View Post
    Vista runs great on a mac.
    Does a mac OS work on a PC?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica View Post
    Most of my vista problems come from vista compatible programs. They have not got them right yet.

My windows explorer shuts down when I use the image viewer. I turned off windows explorer. It does not malfunction any more.

Vista breaks, just sitting there.

-Have a nice day.
    I think you've got some hardware incompatibilities instead of software problems. I've had no issues with Vista be it hardware or software.

@FG what do you consider "junk" about Vista?

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Does a mac OS work on a PC?

Thanks in advance.

Not very well. It wasn't intended to run on anything BUT mac hardware. There are some "hack" packages out there in the wild of OSX that can run on a standard PC but they're unstable and not really worth the effort.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

my grudge is not that its not working. My D630 dell laptop is compatible. I just dont like how it takes 5 more steps to get something done that was a click away in win2k and xp. Yeah it looks pretty, but is pretty worth the tax on the CPU. then comes the networking, have you guys tried to copy stuff over the network. It takes like 40hrs a gig . as I'm done studying for my microsoft MCDST tests I'm gonna wipe it and throw xp back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    I think you've got some hardware incompatibilities instead of software problems.
    What hardware incompatibilities? Drivers? My Dell came with Vista.

@ petard and conan, Thank you

What hardware incompatibilities? Drivers? My Dell came with Vista.

@ petard and conan, Thank you
    Yes I know that your Dell laptop came with Vista. It's just puzzling how I've no problems with Vista on my home PC, my laptop (also came with Vista) and my dad's PC.

just my 2 cents.
    i have a desktop running vista home basic,
    its about 6 to 8 months old and used every day.
    right now its been running for about 2 weeks now non stop 24/7,no problems,no crashes,everything is good.
    my lap is 2 year old and is running vista ultimate,its like s**t off a stick,
    again,no prolems here.
    i dont know what all the fuss is about.
    vista rocks!

ill be back soon,
    just watching some paint dry.

well guys my issue with vista is just the way they changed how to do certain things. setting up a network. getting to certain areas that should only take 2 clicks at the most. also how much slower it is than xp. Yes your computers are running fine without a hitch but imagine just how better it would run with xp?