Thread: Problems installing slipstreamed windows xp with sp1

Problems installing slipstreamed windows xp with sp1

I'm using windows xp oem dutch version and slipstream it with sp1 using this guide but when I boot from the cd it load the text setup of windows xp and then i get a error messege: can't load setupreg.hiv error code 32768

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    The only thing I can think of is those instructions outline how to do it assuming you are using an English version of XP. Most likely the boot file that you downloaded from that site is conflicting with your version of WindowsXP.

One thing you can try is to find the dutch boot file, and see if that corrects the issue.
    ALSO make sure you get the DUTCH SP1 for your slipstream. I know from personal experience, that using the english boot file on a foreign version of XP doesn't work. I tried to slipstream the Japanese version of windows XP pro with the english boot.bin file, and it didn't work...
    That may be the case here, then again I am not so sure.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
    BB

One other thing, you might try it again, burn the CD using the instructions, double check every step along the way.

If it still doesn't work post back and I will see what I can find out.
    BB
    Last edited by Big Booger; October 2nd, 2002 at 23:58 PM.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Here's the Dutch SP1 version if you need it. here

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

I solved my problem. Every time I tried to burn it, I used a CD-rw but this one was of bad quality. Thanks for helping

To be properly slipstreamed, you'll need to have the current version of the Windows XP Service Pack 1 that complies with your Windows XP version. There's software out that allows you to slipstream Windows XP as well as other Microsoft products such as Office XP SP2.

This is by far the most efficient way of slipstreaming as it provides you with a step-by-step configuration process.

Originally posted by the_Crow
    I solved my problem. Every time I tried to burn it, I used a CD-rw but this one was of bad quality. Thanks for helping
    I never use CDRW disks anymore, they never seem to read and write as well as your standard CDR disk. And with the price of good quality cdr disk being so cheap it just not worth the buy anymore
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules