Thread: My fonts are two different colors

Bronze Member

My fonts are two different colors

I have just started with Vista this week and so far no major complaints. One issue though is that my fonts are two different colors, black and green to be exact. For example, the word EXAMPLE has the XA as black and the rest as green. This is true for all fonts. The affected areas are any fonts dsplayed on IE7, control panel all windows boxes. My MS word document fonts are fine (solid black) Everything else seems fine, it's only the typed, or windows fonts that seem affected.

I have a Samsung 955DF monitor (CRT old monitor but nice), NVIDIA GForce 6150SE video card.

Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance
    Halder

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Is Clear Type enabled in effects?

Right click the desktop and select Personalize. Click on Window And Appearance > Effects.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Bronze Member

Didn't really fix it

Thanks Rev, but it didn't really fix it. I find that the font issue also changes with the resolution that I select.

I'll keep fiddiling about with it.

Halder

Bronze Member
    Fixed the font problem. It appears that my new advanced system with Vista included, didn't seem to like my ancient CRT monitor. I purchased a new updated monitor and problem gone. Oh well.

Halder

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I was going to suggest trying with another monitor. It is not just Vista the affected OS. At work, we updated IE to version 7, and we had a user with a similar problem (though most of her fonts were blue, going to green). When we tried with a different monitor the "effect" was not there. So we played with the refresh rates until we found one that did not make that effect. In our case it was 75. Also, the monitor was already a LCD