Thread: Routing and Remote Access in server 2003 help

Routing and Remote Access in server 2003 help

We have a VPN connection set up through Routing and Remote Access, connecting to another company. Have never had any problems with this connection until 2 days ago. When I tried to open the console, I immediately got a grey box, with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, and the number 4112 (can be seen at http://www.dorantech.ca/tech/4112.jpg ).

After hitting OK, it takes me to the console, but when I try to access the server properties, I get the same thing. If I right click on the server "Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access" is greyed out. The properties dialog box will not open when I right-click on the server and click properties.

I have looked online, but have been unable to find any solutions.

As an aside, we have 3 other VPN connections, to the same company, set up on 3 different servers. We are able to access the properties of these connections, with no trouble.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    alone among the

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    first off this might be a stupid question but have you bounced the server?

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    there are no stupid questions my friend....but on the other hand one may run into a stupid answer on occasion....

RARR console should be able to open on another connected server and you can tell it to open RARR for that server, does that give you the same error? Plus of course you should look in the event logs for anything unusual and check service pack and hotfix levels. Only the software writer will know what 4112 means as he didn't help us with a friendly description.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

Should also have said you can install the admin tools on any connected XP box and use them from there, this will often get you around an immediate problem with a server mmc console - enabling to administer now and fix later.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?