Thread: Toshiba Qosmio F25 Issue

Toshiba Qosmio F25 Issue

Hey Guys,
    Seems like it's been ages since i posted here.But once again back with an issue i need a little help on.Currently i have two Toshiba Qosmio F25-AV205 laptops.Had both of them for over a year,last week i begun having an issue with one of them hanging on me.Sometimes this would happen while in Windows other times during boot up.I thought perhaps my HDD was going bad so i swapped it for a new one but problem persisted.Now im fearing it may be my processor going up instead due to the random nature of the hang.Today i can not seem to get it booted at all as it seems to hang on either the Toshiba screen when first booting,Windows XP loading screen or login screen.A few times i couldnt even get to any screen at all before the system will hang.Now for the million dollar question does anyone have any suggestions i may not have thought of?

Note when the hang usually occurs the power light,and Processor light will stay solid green followed by the CPU fan going to its highest speed and just staying that way until shut down manually.

Specs are as follows-
    Windows XP MCE SP2
    Intel Centrino 1.8GHz
    F25 Series P000454980 Motherboard
    2x 1GB Crucial DDR2 PC5300 Dual Channel
    100GB Toshiba HDD

EDIT-If anyone knows where to find a good price on a replacement motherboard or processor for the laptop any info there would be great as well.Been checking ebay but most there are sold not tested As-Is
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; August 31st, 2008 at 18:05 PM.

Wow what happened to TZ it's been really dead these past days

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well first things to check are your ram...maybe try 1 first then the other. maybe get memtest and burn it in to see if its your ram. then check the obvious is the cpu psu fans just clogged with dust bunnies. maybe take the cpu off and re-apply some thermal paste. To me it does seem hardware related though.

Thanks for the reply Phish,
    I forgot to mention in my first post i did try using one stick of ram at a time and swapping them as well.But no changes from that.I would try running memtest but the system wont stay working long enough for it to be completed.Last night i tryed doing a restore using the factory discs from the laptop and it still hung after about 20 minutes when running from CD rom.I did a little reading about the particular model i have and it seems my issue could be caused by bad motherboard,graphics chip,processor or HDD.Problem is Graphics are intergrated so no way to test.Already did a HDD swap with no change.But im really thinking its the motherboard or processor.