Thread: Call of Duty: World at War Release Date

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Call of Duty: World at War Release Date

Boot camp will soon take on a new meaning, as Activision Publishing, Inc. and developer Treyarch, have confirmed plans for Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer betas in October for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and separately for download on Windows PC. These betas will serve as an early chance for players to practice the tactics needed for survival in the intense chaos of Call of Duty: World at War’s Pacific and European theaters. Players will experience the game’s new squad system, as well as fan favorite perks and kill streaks.

All preparation for the full battle will commence on November 11, 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War is released to retailers nationwide.

"We are excited to share a sneak peak of Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer with the community," says Mark Lamia, Treyarch Studio Head. "The team has worked hard to build upon the great history and foundation of Call of Duty multiplayer and we can’t wait to go online to ramp up for our November launch."

For players who are looking to feel the all-out combat and get tokens for the Call of Duty: World at War Xbox 360 multiplayer beta, they can register at www.callofduty.com or pre-order the game at any GameStop retail location or online in North America at:
    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=71812.

Call of Duty: World at War is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. The title has been rated M for Mature for blood and violence by the ESRB. The Nintendo DS version has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB.

Gamers Hell

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Another one I'll miss out on...h3ll, I'm replaying COD II right now.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Currently playing the (PC) beta version....not bad....new maps are good and they have put back the ability to drive tanks....got this because I signed up to beta test awhile back....

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Yep, got the MP beta too... it's pretty good, more a mix of COD, BF2 and Enemy Territory... haha! However, with the WW2 theme, seems pretty well-done... hopefully the pacific theatre opens up new scenarios.

I do like the idea of Co-op mode tho!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    I agree.....they are really milking the cow with this franchise...It is good to go into the game and kill or be killed just to get rid of lifes frustrations...lol..what is ur handle in the game?...look for tdrago, he is the guy that dies alot...lmao.....

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I'm usually D1Shooter (COD4), but based in Australia sort of limits the number of servers I can play on (due to massive 280ping just to get to CA,USA), but if you're ever surfing aussie servers, look for my cousin on deadcertain.

In saying that, not sure if I'll buy the game, most times we just play MP, so the MPbeta is good enough for now... might just stick with COD2 for WW2 gaming... ALTHOUGH, I watched Saving Private Ryan last nite, and wanted to frag through the nite!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---