Thread: Far Cry 2

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Far Cry 2

Anyone playing this yet?....would like to know your thoughts. I bought it on the first day it hit the stores...

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Not sure it's released in Australia yet, I did see some Pre-order information the other week.

What are your thoughts on it? FarCry 1 was amazing in its day, have they grown with the times?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    It is every bit as good as the original and then some...graphics are awesome and the story line is great. There are two factions involved in the story and you get to choose which one you take assignments from, stopping arms dealers, assasinations etc and earn your pay (in diamonds) which allows you to upgrade your weapons cache. Lots of driving, boating, swimming, grenade launchers, flame throwers, rocket launchers, mortars etc. You will meet buddies that you work with who save your butt during the game....well worth the money IMHO....there are a few issues if your using Vista it requires SP1(which I couldn't install..lol) and a couple of others....but with XP...and a good graphics card (I have a Geforce 7600GT OC) which works just fine at 1024 x 768 ur ready to rumble...lol....
    Last edited by PIPER; November 3rd, 2008 at 09:34 AM.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I ended up going past the games store, and saw it on the shelf. They had a trailer of it playing, and it looked awesome, something straight from BloodDiamond or similar. Might get it for my cousin xmas and borrow it later :-)

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---