Thread: Changed email folder

Silver Member

Changed email folder

I am using the Windows Mail program in Vista. I originally named a Folder MJH
    and had about 200 emails in it. Then in early December, I Renamed the Folder
    to ABC, which does show up when I have Windows Mail open. However, when I go to find the ABC folder using Windows Explorer, it is not found. I still see the older file name MJH, and all the emails are there, over 250 now, and the original 200 emails now have a Dec 4 date as received. I guess that is when I renamed the Folder from MJH to ABC. I do see the 50 new emails with the correct date. Any comments ???? I would have thought that the new name ABC would have showed up in Windows Explorer ??

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    The folder should be stored in
    C:\ ~your name~ \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Silver Member
    Reverend, Thanks for the reply. That is the location I am looking at. The NEW folder name ABC is not there. The OLD folder name MJH is there, and it has ALL the emails. I guess I need to also rename the folder there. Mike

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Have you tried searching for the folder via Start > Search

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Silver Member
    Yes, Reverend. It takes me to the Windows Mail area, but that folder is not there, only the old one that was labeled MJH, unless it is invisable. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and to all the terrific people at Techzones !!