Thread: Microsoft can't make a good decision

Thumbs down Microsoft can't make a good decision

Last month, I broke a promise to myself and bought a notebook computer containing vista. I am sorry to say that after three weeks use, it has lived up to my very low expectations. It is a cumbersome os. None of the useful Window's tools are located in logical places. I spend a lot of time just looking for them.

I found Vista to be slow with all of the "gee whiz" elements turned on. Some may like the screen antics of Vista. I prefer an instant response when I hit the enter key. Vista is the worst os that I have used. That is my opinion.

Why should my opinion count. It shouldn't, except at that moment when I am making a purchase decision. My notebook needs a windows product for one operation which is not compatible with linux. If that ever changes I will drop vista quicker than you can say Microsoft. I will drop it now if anyone has a extra legit copy of xp pro they want to sell me at a reasonable price.
    Now for the original reason for this thread. Windows 7 has apparently climbed in bed with the RIAA. You remember the RIAA. It is the organization that has made a business out of suing the helpless.

TechForensics writing in Slashdot has listed a few surprises in the upcoming Windows 7. They will allow third parties to bypass your firewall. And, if he is right, you won't be able to stop it. Details.

Now I restate my earlier pledge. Never again Microsoft. Not one more dime from me.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Ya know... I remember saying the same thing when I went from Windows 2000 to XP.....

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well it cost me 68 bucks to upgrade my vista dell E6400 laptop to XP. and whats funny is that I have vista running in VM and its running faster than if it was installed locally.