Thread: Getting old emails on BB

Question Getting old emails on BB

Hope this is the right place to post this if not let me know thank you.
    I have Exchange Server 2003 and it's working fine. The only issue is that the oldest email on outlook 2003 does not get sync with blackberry.I'm trying to make it so that the users can see their older messages when I hand them their new black berry, how do I do this? And how do I force all their other folders to send all the old messages over as well? Is their a software out there that anyone recomends.Thanks in advance.

P.S I did change the settings on the bes server how many days old (email, 5days all the way to 14 days) you want to sync into blackberry. I want to find a better solution than that like a software or something. Thank you again.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Just to clarify... You are trying to do this OTA and not thru the Desktop Manager correct? It has been my experience that emails that have been moved into folders within the email client prior to the user receiving their BB will not be synced to the new device. I was dealing with Lotus Domino/Notes but I believe it is the same on Exchange as well. All the folders themselves will be created on the device, but not the items within those folders. But any new items that are moved into those folders will sync just fine.
    Does that make sense?
    Now I also seem to remember a really messy workaround for this but it had to deal with dropping the BES SQL db, creating/importing a new db, then importing all the old info into the new db but it seems hardly worth the trouble.

That's correct, I already used desktop manager ( The Cd that Comes With BB that did not work). I user lost his phone and he had it for a while but now that i gave him a new bb he asking for his old emails, from folders etc..
    that he used to had on his old blackberry( bb) so what I'm trying to do is find a software or anything that will import his old emails from outlook 2003 to his bb I know there's has to be something out there I been looking but no luck. ( New emails Are Going to bb just fine),

Hope you understand what i'm trying to do. Thank You

P.S I don't want to mess with sql or anything like that bc the server is running fine I don't want to mess up something that is working = ).

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I asked about performing this OTA simply because most companies discourage the users from syncing to their computers using the Desktop Mangler software, mainly because it circumvents your BES. Although, Desktop Manager should allow the user to sync anything that is within the email client. Even the old emails in the users own folders.