Thread: Outlook Express + Problems

Outlook Express + Problems

My apologies to the admin of this forum but did not know where to post this, but any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
    .My brother in law, who lives 1500 miles from me, who has lost 95% of his sight.. but with the use of a large magnifying glass, and read please is able to listen to email and jokes I and others send him.
    The problem we have is he has lost the word EDIT from the top line in Outlook express. He needs this to copy the email into” read please.”

I have sent him the option to use hotkey Alt+ E , but this only works for him some of the time. Any searching I have done means going into the registry to repair outlook express.
    I should also mention this gentlemen is 89 years old

Any help anyone car offer would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Jan

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    What version of Windows and Outlook Express? And do you mean in the application window, or the message window? A screen shot would help.

Past that, Microsoft has an accessibility website, and the accessibility control panel has some useful options. I use it myself.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

This is one time that we don't need to be suggesting new things. We need to find a way to fix his problem so he can continue to use his computer in the way he is comfortable with.

If I am reading the issue correctly, he is talking about the "Edit" that is at the top of every windows program.

File Edit View

I haven't used outlook express for many years so I am not really familiar with it. But someone should have the answer.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Is it on the toolbar before a message is open or after a message is opened?

Sorry folks I was away for a week. Yes the problem still exists Across the top the page, whether before or after the message it opened ,from the to right File edit view, the word edit has disappeared
    Jan

I did think of something that might help. There some conventions in most or all windows software that might give him a work-around. This would be to use the control combination commands to do the job. He would have to learn a slightly different way of accomplishing his task.

Cntl-A is select all.

Cntl-C is Copy.

Cntl-Z is Paste.

If these functions work for him, he will not have to deal with a reinstall of Outlook Express.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    So now it just has the menu items: File, View, Tools, Message, Help.

Is that correct?

[yes
    File View Tools Message Help