Thread: Dell Releases Windows 7 Drivers

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Dell Releases Windows 7 Drivers

Dell (Dell) on Friday released a set of Windows 7 drivers for its commercial desktop and laptop products, company officials said. The drivers can be downloaded from Dell's customer support site free of charge.

"The Windows 7 team at Dell is excited about the progress we have made to get the OS ready for commercial customers and is looking forward to launch in just a couple of short months," said Dell officials, in a blog post.

"We have received many requests from our business customers that we post our Windows 7 drivers so they can begin testing and qualifying the new OS within their environments," the officials said. Dell will release additional Windows 7 drivers in the coming weeks as they become available. "We will post additional drivers once they pass rigorous testing and certification standards," the officials said.

Driver support from third-party vendors is critical to Windows 7's success. Lack of driver availability hobbled Windows Vista's January, 2007 launch—a fact that helped doom the OS in the enterprise market.

Full story: InformationWeek

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    about time. I was loading vista and win2k8 drivers for my E6400. I'll have to update them and get back.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Are these drivers updated versions to what comes on the RTM DVD? Are they compatible with the RC installation?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---