Thread: Cod World at War

Cod World at War

I need some help I have an AMD 3200+ Processor with 2 gig ram and a 80 gig IDE hard drive. I am going to update to a new AMD 500 series dual core with 4 gig of ram and a ATI 4870 1 gig video card. Even though that is not so hard the hard part comes from either running a repair on the 80 gig hard drive to get it to recognize the new motherboard and processor, or it might not work. I would then lose the profile and history of my WAW game and have to reload an start over . Right now I am Prestige 5 point wise with all the weapons and perks. This would take a long time to rebuild to my current level.

Does anyone know how to save the profiles in the COD series and move them to a new system and hard drive , the bf series games are easy the COD 3,4,and WAW do not appear to be so easy. Any help would make the transition smooth the game and patches could be loaded to the new 500 g HD and insert the profiles and then I will be ready for the 1943 game in September. I have backed up the profile but there is another listing in the Documents and files section of windows that has to be moved also. So any help would be appreciated.
    Second issue has anyone else experienced the fact that when in a tank it sinks in the map on my screen and will do nothing , others have seen it happen, anyone know any reason? I was told that if there are a lot of people on using wall hacks then you can as a player or in a tank sink under the map do not know if it is true or not.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Are you running Windows Vista? If so and it is the "Product Activation" that you are worried about, read what Ars Technica wrote about it:

A Microsoft spokesperson told Ars Technica that "the hardware tolerance of product activation for Windows Vista has been improved and is more flexible than that for Windows XP," indicating that re-activations caused by minor changes to a PC should be less common. "We believe these improvements will better accommodate the needs of our PC enthusiast customers," the spokesperson said.

Microsoft told Ars Technica that SPP monitors the system and measures changes against the original hardware configuration of the PC in an attempt to determine if the software has been moved to a new device. SPP uses an undisclosed algorithm to to track changes, and it remains unclear how the algorithm assesses different hardware changes. The spokesperson reiterated the company's view that Vista's hardware tolerance is more flexible than before. As to the issue of multiple re-activations, Microsoft is standing behind the language of its licenses.

"Validation will fail if the software detects a substantially different hardware configuration," the spokesperson said. "At that point, the customer is able to use the one reassignment for the new device. If, after using its one reassignment right, a customer again exceeds the tolerance for updated components, the customer can purchase an additional license or seek remediation through Microsoft’s support services."

It's my understanding that you can call the MS activation phone #, tell them of the changes that were made, and they can help you activate your OS without having to reinstall again.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    For the Call of Duty profile

you need to copy & paste the files from the following directory (on VISTA, show hidden files).

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\players

Should be good to go.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    you can also do a google search for a free cod waw profile backup and then save it to a thumb drive if push comes to shove....works great. if u can't find it send me a pm with your email and i will send it to you.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quick way to level 65

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---