Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autoclean

Autoclean

Wrote this to do all the tedious things when cleaning a PC, it means you can walk away and come back 20 minutes later to a PC that has all the usual things run on it to get it ready for more detailed inspection

it automatically runs
    ccleaner
    mbam
    javara
    purera
    auslogics disk defrag
    microsoft msrt
    atf cleaner

It uses AutoIt and includes the InetGet function which downloads software that is not avaulable - some AV (AVG mainly) detect this as a downloader which it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9...018c8114394287
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Cool. Is any of this OS dependent? Just wondering if it can be run on XP, Vista, and 7...

I have used on XP, Vista and server 2003 - if something doesn't run it just carries on - only ATF cleaner says it wasn't designed for server 2003 but it still appears to run.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    What settings does it run each app in?
    Do the apps need to be 'installed' or just have the exe downloaded?
    Can it be configured not to run some of them?
    Does seem like a handy idea!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Try it

It is used in this way - computer is offline and not connected to any networks, because some malware will just reload itself via the internet if you try to remove it while connected. All programs are in the SFX file and are extracted at run time, then installed if needed and run with pretty much default settings. Some things are changed like it doesn't install the bundled Yahoo toolbar with CCleaner.
    Every PC you ever repair needs the same things doing before they can be looked into properly, disk cleaned up a bit, temp files removed, registry redundant entries removed and common malware infections blasted.
    This does all of that with out you having to touch it.

which is nice

I realise you may be thinking it contains malware, run it in a VM you will see what it does.
    Last edited by Curio; August 27th, 2009 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks for the info Curio, I wasn't worried about malware in the app, just more the flexibility if can have, i.e. not load CCleaner, but do the rest, or vica-versa.

I think it would be a great tool, and at least not waste your initial debugging time (haha, better served with that coffee you mentioned in the OP).

Does it provide an overal log file of the 'stuff' found/done/couldn't fix? Can you include HiJackThis logging?

Cheers!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

I could, but I won't. Its more for before that stage, if you need to go to HJT, RootRepeal, Combofix etc you need to be at the machine and examining stuff. This does the preliminaries which is often enough to clean and fix a PC. JavaRa in particular is extremely useful as it removes all old Java versions, the java updates don't. Advanced malwares need personal interaction and there is no automatic way to get at them. I also automated SUPERAntispyware and Avira but it takes too long to run them on every PC so I kept them separate - everything in here runs quick and automated, cos I want to be doing something else. MBAM logs what it finds and CCleaner logs the stuff it does - the automation makes a reg file too.

That's cool Curio, sort of like an extra Bat-Arrow in your Utility belt!

I'll definitely be keeping this on the USB Drive when I get the late night calls to fix the families broken PCs!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Running it is nearly always the first thing I do on any PC I use it every day - I hope it helps you out too.

nice piece of kit there Curio,
    thanks.

ill be back soon,
    just watching some paint dry.

Now with September MRT

.......and malwarebytes 1.41

Curio does this have the December MRT? Is the mediafire link in the original post still valid for the updated versions?

Got several PCs with malware and looking to fix them over the weekend, hence your auto-magic tools are a god-send!

let me know asap!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Curio, used this on a pc, and it's pretty good.

Couple things, when does it get the updated 'definitions' etc?

Also, the script doesnt seem to end, it just leaves MBAM running the systray... then i need to click to exit.

Finally, it doesn't seem to uninstall the apps on finish... so do you have an exact list of stuff that is supposed to be uninstalled?

Otherwise, looks great, am now making a UtilCD as i got a few PCs to scan

Let me know asap!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

I update it when I remember its about due this weekend to be updated as the new MS removal tool was out this week and MBAM needs updating in it. I do have a seperate tool to uninstall the apps automagically but I usually leave them on as they are freeware anyway. MBAM isn't terminated in operation in case it has found something other than the run of the mill stuff - plus they frequently change the apps anyway so once again I update for the newer versions when I feel I need to but I don't bother too often as its just my tool for time saving on PCs - if I am then wasting that time updating I don't gain anything and mafia wars doesn't play itself, well not all the time anyway.

When I update I replace the file on mediafire with the new one