It didn't take long for Dell to adopt Intel's new Lynnfield chip architecture. The computer manufacture unveiled two new desktops in concert with Intel's Core i5 processor rollout.

The two new desktops from Dell, the Studio XPS 8000 and 9000, are built to take advantage of Intel's new processors. Both will apparently be built with the Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, although specs for the 9000 are not currently available.

The XPS 8000 comes standard with the Core i5-750 processor, packing 4 GB of DDR3 memory and 500 GB of storage. The basic model of the desktop comes equipped with an ATI Radeon HD card and integrated 7.1 channel audio.

But once users start to up the horsepower, storage or processor, the prices on the Studio XPS 8000 quickly start to jump. Configuring an XPS 8000 with the Intel Core i7-860 processor raises the price by $170, while selecting the Core i7-870 processor tacks an extra $380 onto the base price.

With that additional price, customers also can further customize the hardware, with the option to select up to 6 GB of DDR3 memory. Storage space also takes a jump up on the XPS 8000 with 640-GB or 1-TB hard drives available. A graphics card update also is available, with customers able to build in the nVidia GeForce GTS240 video card.

Full story: CRN