Thread: Reccomended: Max Manus - Man of war

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bronze Member

Thumbs up Reccomended: Max Manus - Man of war

The english title is Max Manus - Man of war. The original title is simply Max Manus.

This is the true story of one of the best known Norwegian saboteurs from WW2, Max Manus, and it's very close to the orignial biography it's based upon.

Since I'm Norwegian and have read the original story, the movie probably hits much closer to home, so to speak, than for the rest of you. Still, the story is almost unbelievable when you think of everything being true...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029235/

The spoken language in the movie is true to the events - whnich means englishmen are speaking english, norwegians are speaking norwegian and germans are speaking german, so unless you're a scandinavian with some knowledge of german and english, you probably should get a version with subtitles...

Johan-Kr
    Last edited by Fenalaar; September 15th, 2009 at 05:47 AM.
    System1: iMac 27"
    System2: PowerMac dual 800 (mirrored drive doors), OsX 1.5 Leopard
    System3: EPoX 8KDA3+, 1Gb RAM, 4x1Tb - Raid5, CoolerMaster CM Stacker, FreeNAS.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    thanks for the info Fen! But trying to find 'good' english subtitles seems to be the challenge... Apparently it's easier to learn Norwegian than trying to decipher the dodgy english subtitles currently available...haha!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    thanks for the info Fen! But trying to find 'good' english subtitles seems to be the challenge... Apparently it's easier to learn Norwegian than trying to decipher the dodgy english subtitles currently available...haha!

Like ya'll know anythin 'bout good english anyhoo...

Bronze Member
    Hmm - I bought it on Bluray, but I must admit I didn't check out what the subtitles are like...

The english reviews didn't mention anything about poor subtitles, which leads me to suspect a download with dodgy subtilte files?

Johan-Kr
    System1: iMac 27"
    System2: PowerMac dual 800 (mirrored drive doors), OsX 1.5 Leopard
    System3: EPoX 8KDA3+, 1Gb RAM, 4x1Tb - Raid5, CoolerMaster CM Stacker, FreeNAS.