Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PI Typhoon

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar

Question PI Typhoon

Hey Conan,

Just wanted to quick write to check up to see if you're ok in Manilla with the passing of Typhoon Ketsani and the next one about to arrive in a few days.

Images/video from the news is quite devasting, with plenty of damage and lives lost.

Hadn't seen any posts from you in a few days, thinking internet/comms might be cut-out.

Hope your friends/family are safe and sound!

Cheers Bud!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Cash I was wondering the same thing. I checked with my pops and hes ok.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Flood waters entered our house for the first time ever with the last storm. We had about one foot of water in our living room. All electronic items were saved but a few of our wooden furniture got warped. Two of our cars got wet carpets while our SUV's were high enough that they were not affected.

Yesterday we had an ominous sign of what may happen with the next storm approaching. It rained really hard for about 30-40 minutes and flood waters started rising immediately. My dad and I decided to bring our cars to park them at our office where it doesn't flood, but on the way there the streets were already rising with water. I parked my Silvia on high ground and the rain stopped shortly. Flood waters dissipated soon after.

This shows that our drainage systems are still saturated with water from the last storm. I hope we will be spared from strong rains but weather reports all seem rather worrying at this point.

Here's a video from the last storm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9OZrlaATY

OMG!
    that looks horrific.
    i wish you the best of luck m8.

ill be back soon,
    just watching some paint dry.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Hang in there Conan....hope everything works out for the best.

Oh my, you take care

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    WOW, what is going on in the world???

Glad you are ok.

crazy stuff man
    ------------------------------------------------------------

We got lucky! The storm diverted northward and we are only experiencing light rain in the city!

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Very good news!

Here are some pictures that I took from last week's flood:

In this one our driver transferred his jeep from being parked on the road to inside our driveway. The water here is still low and has not entered our house yet.

Water entered our house here but the water level is low compared to a high of about one foot or about mid calf level.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    That is terrible... We had a "freakish" amount of rain a couple of weeks ago. Storm system just hung over my little town and we had 24" in about 40-45 hours. We are on a hill here plus the ground was VERY dry so it didn't hurt us. The creek that runs through town did flood and cause some damage though.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Sorry to see that bud, hope things improve for you quickly....really sucks what Mother Nature can do to us at times....sad indeed for a lot of folks...glad to hear you and your family are safe!!

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Wow Conan, glad to hear you're ok... that is amazing video/photos... What about sandbags? I know there's not much that can be down except wait and see!

Phish, lucky your pops ok too, I know there were heaps of people who lost their homes or even their lives.

The storm continued on to Thailand, where there was some flooding too... but luckily not in the areas my friends live (they only get affected by Tsunami's - like that's soo much better... nature is very wild!)

Conan, i was worried for your silvia... although might be good excuse to get an engine rebuild "Sorry honey, but we got water damage.... and yes, those extra turbo's are needed!!"

Anyways, keeps us updated!! Let us know if you need anything!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    Wow Conan, glad to hear you're ok... that is amazing video/photos... What about sandbags? I know there's not much that can be down except wait and see!

Phish, lucky your pops ok too, I know there were heaps of people who lost their homes or even their lives.

The storm continued on to Thailand, where there was some flooding too... but luckily not in the areas my friends live (they only get affected by Tsunami's - like that's soo much better... nature is very wild!)

Conan, i was worried for your silvia... although might be good excuse to get an engine rebuild "Sorry honey, but we got water damage.... and yes, those extra turbo's are needed!!"

Anyways, keeps us updated!! Let us know if you need anything!
    Actually during the flood that entered our house, my Silvia was at my friend's paint shop having my new bumper installed and painted. His shop was safe from the floods as was my car at that time. Here's a picture of the new carbon fiber hood and front bumper:

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    lookin good!!