Thread: "Favorites" AND "Bookmark"...

"Favorites" AND "Bookmark"...

WinXP home; IE6; OE6

Hello, I don't know how but when I finished backing up what I thought was my "Favorites" into "My Documents", I see that I have 2 Folders called:

"Adela's Bookmarks" with 57KB of files, and also "Favorites" with only 13KB of files. But when I go to see my actual Favorites in my IE browser...the files seem different from those 2 other folders.

If I haven't confused you, would you happen to know what happened? And how to simplify this trio into only one Folder?

Thanks so much for any suggestions. Adela

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Close IE and move everything from 'Adela's Bookmarks' into the 'Favorites' folder. Then restart IE.

C:\Documents and Settings\~YOUR USERNAME~\Favorites

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    As Reverend posted, the favorites are at the same level than My Documents, so you need to explore the C drive to get to "Favorites" folder, which is inside your profile folder (By default C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\)
    as a separate note, you should update IE to version 8

(By default C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\)
    Thank you and sorry for delay in answering, Dehcbad25, but could you kindly let me know step by step, how to get to Favorites through the above path. I was told that to back it up correctly, one must do it by backing up the Favorites path and not just the way I did it.

Thanks so much for this help again. Adela

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    the easiest way would be to type . (dot) on the run command (Start>Run)
    That will open your profile.
    Alternatively you can go to the C drive, and then to the folder "Documents And Settings"
    Once inside documents and settings, you will see folders with usernames. Go into the folder that correspond to the user that you want to backup and restore the favorites from.
    Also, the All Users have the profiles for all the users in the computer, so if you put the favorites inside that folder all users will get those Favorites (the same for the desktop folder and My Documents).

I did it! Thank you so much! Adela