So, I like 7, and I liked Vista. I never had to repair a vista machine,until last week. Now I have 2, and regular XP routes don't work.
For the important machine..MINE. I put the computer to sleep by mistake (I usually turn it off) and when I went to use it I press the power button, which made it come up, and then crash almost instantly. Awesome, BSOD, after that I had to force restart and the network never work again. Steam crashes, Messenger live does too, and the PC takes a lot more time to boot (while it waits for this applications to crash I guess)
System restore did not help, since the only restore point was from after the crash (I only had 40GB free of a 500GB drive), So I boot from the Windows Vista CD, but there is no system recovery like in XP. It won't install on top of the system. Instead it tries to automatically fix he problems but it cannot find the problems.
Next I decided, lets try to re-install TCP/IP. This usually solves lots of network problem on XP, but there is no winlogon in the registry (or I did not find it in the regular place), so just in case before I try something else and end up braking it completely, what do you guys recommend?
I haven't really spent much time searching, since I usually don't search to fix problems (I like to come up with the ideas myself), but this time I have no clue what to look for.

An a short separate note, I have a busines laptop that I don't remember the admin password, and it won't login to the domain because the account was deleted in a clean up of the AD. Even recreating the account gives authentication error. But this is low priority, since I have no problem installing Vista again on it