Thread: Problem Importing DBX files

Problem Importing DBX files

I had to reinstall XP, however before I did, I backed up all my DBX files to my external harddrive, Now that I 've got everything going again, I am having problems importing my email dbx files and I haven't been able to find this particular problem in any forum or "how to import" website.

I moved all the DBXs back to my hard drive. I've followed the instructions on how to import from the main Identity and made sure that the folders and files are not marked "Read Only." Every time I try to import though it doesn't work. I keep getting a message though telling me that the specified message store cannot be opened and may be in use by Outlook Express. It tells me that no messages can be found in the folder or that another application running has the required folder open. I've tried variations of moving single or multiple DBX files to other folders but still get the same message. I copied the folder holding my DBX files to my desktop and that didn't help

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. I even printed out the instructions on "how to import to OE6" to make sure I was doing it right, but I get the same result. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? Thanks!

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Have you tried the solutions here

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    the main file for OE is the folder.dbx.
    It has been a while since I used Outlook Express, but you need to have the folders.dbx and all the other files in the same folder. Sometimes you can get access errors also if the files are not local (on the hard drive)