I am running Windows 7 64 bit with 8 GB of RAM on a Asus/Nvidia 780i motherboard. The OS is installed on a 30 GB SSD OCZ hard drive.
Pretty happy with the speed, and responsive of the system. I install most applications on a TB drive assigned as H. However, sometimes I have problems starting the PC from cold boot. It hangs at a blinking cursor (right before loading the boot menu) and sometimes it just shows lots of colors (garbage) on the screen. I did not have problem running Vista on the same machine for a whole year (until I killed it by shutting the PC down while it was on sleep mode)
Anyhow, I also think that maybe the system is shutting down too fast.
I had problems with steam, which would not even open (it will open for a second). I had to uninstall and install again. I have the same problem with Bioshock. I have not tried to re-install, because it works fine if I run it from the install from my Vista drive.
But the software that annoy me the worst is AnyDVD. I had the trial (and I was seriously thinking on buying it) but it won't uninstall, and it won't run. If I run the installation that was installed on Vista it runs but it tells me that there is no drives available (the drive letter assignment is different in Vista than on 7).
So, before I try re-installing 7 again. do you guys have any suggestion on what I can do to fix it, and what might have caused this problems?
As i put in another post my Vista does not have network and that is why I installed 7. I have XP/Vista and 7, all in the same machine but in different physical drives