On Monday, Canon introduced a few updates to its compact point-and-shoot camera line, as well as one new D-SLR, the EOS Rebel T2i. Though the new cameras span different price ranges, all of the new models will share one feature: they will all support the new SDXC memory card format, capable of storing up to 2 terabytes of data.

The new camera in Canon's entry-level DSLR line is the Canon EOS Rebel T2i. While the T2i looks nearly identical to the $799 (with lens) Canon EOS Rebel T1i, it incorporates many of the features found in the mid-range, $1,699 (body only)Canon EOS 7D DSLR.

Like the 7D, it will offer 18-megapixel captures via an APS-C sized CMOS sensor and will perform the same plethora of HD-video capture options as the more expensive model: 1080p at 30 and 24 frames per second, and 720p at 60 frames per second. The still-image capture speed will be closer to that of the T1i's 3.4 fps, however; the T2i will do 3.7 fps. Another interesting feature is that the HDMI port on the T2i will support HDMI-CEC; when connected to an HDTV that also supports HDMI-CEC, the HDTV's remote will be able to control the T2i; neither the Canon EOS 7D or Canon EOS Rebel T2i support this feature.

Full story: PC Magazine