Thread: Google quiet on iPad rival deal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Google quiet on iPad rival deal

Google remained tight-lipped today on rumours that it's working with Verizon on an iPad style tablet device which will place the web giant in further competition with Apple.

Verizon chief executive Lowell McAdam said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal that the "next big wave of opportunities" will be found in the tablet market, and hinted at a deal with Google to develop this strategy.

"We are working on tablets together. We are looking at all the things Google has in its archives that we could put on a tablet to make it a great experience, " McAdam is reported as saying.

A report on Bloomberg also confirms that Verizon will develop an Android-based tablet this year, and that more information will be released later this week.

Google refused to be drawn on the speculation, however, saying that it had " nothing to announce at this time". But the company did point out that its mobile platform is open to any developers.

Full story: V3.co.uk

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Why is the tablet taking on such important these days? I don't see many people using them and doubt whether they really are as good as people in the media make them seem to be... I mean can it fold my laundry and walk my dog?