Thread: Hardware Fault now "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

(Deep in the wilds of) Leicestershire, UK

Hardware Fault now "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

I had a problem with my Dell Dimension 8400 which turned out to be a memory fault, now resolved, however, when I finally got it back up all the toolbar shortcuts were missing. no printers set up, no virus checker running etc. etc. I did a system restore back to a while ago and everything works except when I access my other PC via My Network Places it hangs for a while then gives the error message "You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."

I can see the problem PC from the other PC OK

I have tried setting up the network again to no avail.

XP Home SP3

Any suggestions?

Just to add.......... it sees the NAS box and its files fine.

I tried turning off the firewall in both PCs

Still the same.

Many thanks once again.

I had seen something about adding that value to the registry but it was among the many suggestions that Mr. Google returned from the muddy waters of the internet river.

I set the value to 15 (F) and it was still the same upped it to 20 (14) and everything magically burst into life.