Thread: Keyboard stops Working

Keyboard stops Working

A friend of mine brought me his Dell laptop to see if I can figure out why the keyboard ocasionally freezes up and stops working.

I looked in the hardware manager and found no indications of a problem,. Started up the laptop and ran a few programs and no problem. Then I realized the cursor froze up and keyboard would not work as soon as I attempted to connect to a network. I couldnt even do ctrl/alt/del

Restarted the laptop and right away went into the network connection to connect to a network and right away froze again.

Anyone have an idea?

just a follow up - it also happens as soon as I plug in an ethernet line for networking

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Go into device manager and look for the keyboard. Rigth click and uninstall the device. Reboot and the system should reinstall the drivers on startup.

Another option is to unplug the laptop and remove the battery for a few munutes then replace it.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Thanks....but I re-installed device drivers on my own and that didnt work.... tried everything until I got to my "second to last resort" I went ahead and did a system restore up until about 1 week before problem arose and that seemed to fix it.