Thread: Window Blinds 3.3

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Window Blinds 3.3

WindowBlinds is a program that allows you to completely change the look and feel of Windows to however you want it to look like. It allows you to completely customize your desktop by changing the style of title bars, buttons, and toolbars. You can change the look of buttons and check boxes by assigning them skins, or personalities, and you can assign buttons that will launch programs to toolbars. You can create your own skins, choose from the four that are included in the program, or download additional ones. You can also choose to exclude certain programs from WindowBlinds if you don't want to change their appearances.

WindowBlinds 3 is much faster than previous versions (and is faster than visual styles on Windows XP) thanks to version 3's ability to use hardware acceleration when available. WindowBlinds 3 also uses far less memory and resources than previous versions. Version 3 is free to download. Users can purchase the enhanced version for $19.95 USD which provides additional features such as dynamic coloring, inclusion lists, scrollbar skinning, SmartButtons, and much morehttp://fileforum.betanews.com/screenshots/947721727.jpg

DOWNLOAD

ENJOY,
    Big Booger
    Last edited by Reverend; April 24th, 2002 at 15:32 PM.

For those of you who dont know Stardock WindowBlinds its part of a full suite known as Objectdesktop. It contains numerous programs for enhancing your desktop from icons through to your browser skins, basically it can change every aspect of your entire computer O/S look. Although it is a shareware I would personally recommend the purchase of it for those that are seriously into theming their O/S.
    The MetalX theme shown above is so far the best theme I have seen for Windowblinds, but the entire package contains an incredible amount of theming addons

try it and enjoy
    all my desktops are done using Objectdesktop
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Ok I decided to do this custom stuff , and I just DL this. My question ?

When I log off or reboot this Window Blind doesn't load back up , just the color of the Theme does. Now if I buy this will the Theme load with windows or do I have to keep resetting ? or am I missing something with this Tryout ?

Thanks

Even in the trial version there is an option to start Windowblinds at system bootup, so you need to change your configs so that it loads when windows does. This will allow what ever skin that you have chosen to automatically start, So go through the configs FastGame and change it to start with windows.
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Zero shot the sheriff on this one! Way to go. Great explanations!
    As for the boot, Zero is spot on with that...
    I used this site with windowblinds as its the best site for this program, IMHO (in my humble opinion).
    http://www.wincustomize.com/

You can find that link in the windowblinds program! They have tons of skins, wallpapers and other additions to customize your windows XPerience.
    BB

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Thanks for reply's , Guy's

I guess I had a broken Window Blind , no matter what I did wouldn't apply skin on reboot or relog. So I got a new DL & all is fine now.