Thread: Video issue with new Dell

Gold Member

Video issue with new Dell

I have a new Dell INSPIRON 580 service tag #HYZFNL1. Yesterday the screen started fluttering and froze, and I had to manually shut down the computer. When I started it back up, it loaded to my desktop, and then froze again. I thought the monitor was dying, so I hooked up another monitor. Today I opened an email that had a race car doing some trick racing etc. It froze up again. I manually shut it down and tried it again, another freeze up. Then I started the computer, and opened IE 8 in 32 bit mode versus 64, and was able to view the whole video about two minutes, no problem. I then tried again in 64 bit, same freezeup. Then 32 bit, no problem. This computer only has the integrated video (512) I think. I don't think that should be the problem, as I am running 4 Gig in the machine. I am also running Windows 7 Home 64 bit.. I tried again today, and I can view the whole 2 minute race car video in 64 bit and 32 bit mode, without any problems. Any suggestions ??? Should I have Dell come out and take a look, since I only have the computer a week or so, or is the problem related to software (64 bit vs. 32 bit). Many thanks, Mike

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Give Dell a call as it is under warranty.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Gold Member
    I ran the Dell diagnostics and I get an error code concerning the integrity of the memory. I called Dell, told them the symptons and the error code. They said it is probably the memory, and maybe also the motherboard. They are ordering the parts, and will call to make arrangements to come to the house and fix the computer.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    6months later any news? Hope you've had a better experience with the new pc.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---