NOT RECOMMENDED!!

For this review to be of value, it will be helpful for you to know a little about me. First, my son would like you to know that he considers me to be an old fart. I will be 68 in February, so maybe he is right on that part.

Second, I like tech toys. That is everything except cell phones (refer to above paragraph which provides a clue as to why). As an old fart, I can't think of anyone that I want to talk to under any terms other than my own. Certainly not when driving or shopping. I currently have four computers on my desk. They include two Linux desktop computers (one of which is a quad-core), a dual core notebook, and now the tablet.

I tried unsuccessfully, to buy one of the HP tablets during the fire-sale. That got me thinking about what else might be available at a reasonable price. There were many tablets with the same specs sold under different names. I soon found that they were grouped by processor, size, or Android version. Older tablets tended to have slower processors and Android Version 2.1. Newer tablets had 1 gb processors and ran on Android ver. 2.2 . To further complicate a purchase, prices varied wildly. I found 10.1" tablets with the 1gb processor running Android 2.2 selling for as little as $134 to as much as $499. The biggest difference in price was that the cheap models were sold directly from China.

I was more than a little apprehensive about giving credit card info to Chinese merchants. I found a solution after a little research. I purchased from a site that allowed payment via PayPal. Link The shipment arrived in four business days.

This tablet is not a replacement for a notebook computer.

Positives:
Light weight
Reasonable Speed
Touch screen is responsive
Came with cable to connect to tv via usb
Came with car charger

Negatives:
Took many attempts to establish a connection that would work every time the unit was turned on.
Screen rotation was too sensitive. It would activate at irrational times. I turned it off.
Battery life is 5-6 hours (Warning - Batteries vary greatly in these tablets) the highter rating the better)
Case is plastic. It would not survive a drop