Thread: Amazon says new $199 Kindle Fire HD is top seller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Amazon says new $199 Kindle Fire HD is top seller

Amazon.com Inc said on Monday that its $199 Kindle Fire HD tablet has been the best-selling product on the company's website since the gadget went on sale more than a month ago.

Amazon started selling a range of new Kindle Fires on September 6 and the company said the 7-inch HD model has out-sold all other products on Amazon worldwide since then.

Amazon did not disclose actual sales numbers, but a spokeswoman for the company said the top-seller status was based on unit sales.

Amazon Chief Executive Jeff Bezos recently told the BBC that it sells the tablets at cost, hoping to generate profits when customers use the devices to buy products and services from the company.

The announcement came as Apple Inc prepares to launch a smaller, cheaper tablet of its own on Tuesday. The device, dubbed the iPad Mini, may challenge Amazon's success at the lower end of the booming tablet market.

Meanwhile, Amazon has launched larger, more expensive Kindle Fire HD tablets, aimed at Apple's full-sized iPad, which still dominates the sector.

Yahoo News

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

I just read about an incident concerning Amazon that concerns me. It involved a customer in Norway that had her account closed and all purchases deleted from her Kindle. The individual does not know why this happened and the only information Amazon has provided is to state that she has violated the company's Conditions of Use. Amazon has told the customer that the account will now be reopened. The customer has tried numerous times to obtain information from Amazon.

My wife and I both have Kindles. We like the product. However, people considering a Kindle purchase should read following information before the purchase.

http://www.bekkelund.net/2012/10/22/...by-amazon-drm/
    Linux Mint Debian Edition