Thread: Got partitions messed up

Silver Member

Got partitions messed up

I tried to resize an existing partition on my new Win 8 computer. I just made everything worse. Now I have about 4 partitions if I look at MY COMPUTER, and I see even more partitions if I look at DISK MANAGEMENT. Question.....if I use the RESTORE THE COMPUTER TO ITS FACTORY STATE function, will the partitions also be reset the way they were, or will ONLY the software be restored ??

Thanks, Mike

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Everything will be reset back to how it was out of the box.

Back up all your important files, photos, etc first as they will all be deleted.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Silver Member
    Update, well I did that Recovery to original state thing. After about 4 hours I was surprised to see I still had those 5 partitions. I thought the computer would be RESET to the way I got it out of the box, but it was not. Anyway, I downloaded Acronis to try to merge all those partitions, but when it was installing I got a message that said it was not compatible with Dynamic discs, what ever that meant. Then i downloaded EASE US, that worked great. I was able to merge those 5 partitions into one partitions. Now that i think about it, I probably should have kept two partitions, instead of merging everything into one. Oh well, I will leave everything alone for now. Now i just have to download all those updates again, but that is OK. Happy camper, Mike