Thread: Printer issue

Unhappy Printer issue

Cannot get printer to print from desktop only from laptop and phone. Can't figure out why this has happened. It was working fine.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    What model is it? Is it directly connected to the PC or on Wifi?

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Printer is an HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer. It is set up Wireless. Like I said I can print from my smartphone and my laptop but not from the desktop. I have tried connecting the cable to desktop but that did not work. It appears it is having trouble communicating with the desktop. Everything I have checked on the desktop shows that all is working with it...all the required checkmarks are highlighted green. The steady blue light on the printer is lit showing that it is Wireless. Will probably go ahead and uninstall and reinstall to see if that works. It used to work quite well wirelessly but then I had a problem with a Roku where I had to turn off the Router and that is when the problem started but it only affected the printing ability of the desktop not my phone or laptop. Any thoughts on how to fix this without having to do an uninstall would be appreciated.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Have you tried running the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Download from HP here

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Yes I have. Have run HP Print and Scan Doctor. Test prints come out fine and Scan Doctor says all is working well. So I've done I can except an uninstall and reinstall.