I'm running XP. The program was a freebie from Green Parrots software called 1st QuickRes Light, designed to basically do what the MS Utility called QuickRes did in MS's Power Toys program (for 98 and ME). QuickRes was not included in XP, which was why I downloaded this free 1st QuickRes Light from Green Parrots Software. The download was a zip. Download went off without a hitch, as did the unzipping. Then, somehow, a bunch of things went wrong. When I put a shortcut on the desktop and clicked on it I ended up at "My Computer" window and somewhere along the way the shortcut to my computer icon got associataed with lst QuickRes Light icon. Or if I clicked on the QuickRes shortcut, the descriptive details beside it became hi-lit. At one point the shortcut to my computer managed to get a copy of itself in the QuikRes folder!!!

So I thought to uninstall it all (save for the zip file) and reinstall and attempted to delete the QuickRes folder. Well, it began to delete but in 5" I got told: "Cannot delete 1stqres.exe. Access is denied. Make sure disc is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

I tried a warm reboot and a cold reboot, and re-deleting in each instance, but the undesirable behavior I described above continued.

What can I do to correct the problem? I would not think that the file was in use...I think some bit of code is screwed up. Can someone give me some ideas on what I can do to get rid of the problem. And if I get rid of QuickRes that's OK too.

John